CME Policy Statement of Educational Need
A Scientific Program Committee of 21 scientists and clinicians reviewed previous feedback, the literature, and personal experiences, to identify the educational needs and topics to cover. Due to the diverse, clinically focused educational offering to international clinicians of all levels, participants can tailor a personal program to meet their own educational needs. Delegates should have their interests covered during the various sessions of WOC2018 from general ophthalmology to their dedicated subspecialty area.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of ophthalmologists, nurses, ophthalmic technicians and other healthcare professionals who are engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases.
Having attended WOC2018, the learners shall be able to:
- Define the most recent advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases.
- List and discuss the recent results of clinical trials and other basic research in key sub-specialty areas of ophthalmology.
- Apply new techniques and cutting-edge technology in ophthalmic practice and ophthalmic surgery.
- Describe new developments in teaching and assessing ophthalmic knowledge and promote the use of new tools in ophthalmic education.
WOC2018 has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Siyemi Learning and the International Council of Ophthalmology. Siyemi Learning is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Siyemi Learning designates this live activity for a maximum of 26.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The industry-sponsored symposia and the evening networking events (opening ceremony, welcome reception, scientific program reception) are NOT eligible for CME credits. Attendees registered as exhibitors, spouses or guests are not eligible to receive CME credit.
Disclosure of Financial Interest
The full listing of the faculty financial disclosures can be viewed HERE. Staff at the ICO and Siyemi Learning do not have any relevant financial relationship to disclose.
How to Claim Your Credits
In order to claim you credits and CME certificate, please follow the below instructions:
- Log in using your email and badge number (please enter only the digits after the slash (/) including any hyphens)
- Click on Launch Evaluation and then Claim CME
- Select the number of credits commensurate with the extent of your participation
- Complete the evalaution
- View and/or print your certificate